Straight semi-historical Vikings, but Ragnarok occurred, now sailing out brings you to another plane.
- gathered at the All-Thing to sail off to battle, given pick of legendary items. ship and crew decided by the casting of the bones.
- dark forest, grimdark, bump in the night, huddled against the darkness? or idyllic, balanced powered struggle.
- new trade routes open up to trade, pillage. Then Hanseatic League cuts off the sea, and Rome comes knocking and positions reversed.
- land of black ice (volcanic ash)
- the Forbidding (demon wall)
- Lost Prehistorica, Fief, Roman Invasion, Rome the City, Mesopotamia, Catacombs, Pirate Isles, Keep on the Borderlands, Underdark, descent into Hell
- bear clan (chariots pulled by polar bears), wolf clan, kraken clan, turtle clan, horse clan, eagle clan
- Cthulhu, mad imprisoned god, Sekolah, primal powers (shark/titan), the Dark Mother, the Father Sun
- limited resources – competing with Hill Giant (primitive, no mining, own language, near extinction) and troll (very adaptable, cunning, savage, bestial, territorial) and dire animals *beowulf and grendel
- other races: elf, trog, ogre, gnoll, demon, dragon, gods, goblin (chud).
- Destroyed the giants, but the giants were the ones holding back the trolls
- crashed spaceship into the tundra, aliens
- troll blood, hobgoblin, giant, dwarf, god